Wildlife Control Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
FALCON is looking for a reliable and dynamic individual to work as a Wildlife Control Officer on the SPB Boucherville sites as well as nearby sites.
The chosen candidate will manage wildlife using different tools such as falconry, pyrotechnics, a trained dog or remote-controlled tools.
Falcon Environmental (FALCON) is a growing, small to medium sized wildlife management and conservation company. We offer unique services to a wide variety of sectors, including airports, landfills and many public and private organizations. FALCON is a world leader in its field of expertise, integrating ecological tools (e.g., falconry, canine teams, wildlife emergency response) and technological tools (e.g., drones, bird detection radar and software).
Starting date & Schedule
Starting as soon as possible. There will be two days of paid training after hiring. Thereafter, your work schedule will be 10 hours a day, 4 days a week.
- Learning and developing skills relative to wildlife dispersal methods to scare gulls, geese and/or pigeons from clients property.
- Using different tools such as falconry, pyrotechnics, a trained dog or remote-controlled tools.
- Identifying wildlife, collecting data on species on a tablet.
- Maintenance of the project’s equipment.
- To be comfortable on iPad type tablets.
- To be in good physical condition and enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- You are autonomous, trustworthy and able to make decisions; you show good judgment.
- You have a valid driver’s licence.
- To be bilingual.
- You have a wildlife technical certificate or a degree in biology, environmental studies, or in a subject related to wildlife management.
- You have experience in falconry.
- You have drone pilot experience or a drone pilot license or are willing to learn (possibility of paid training).
- You have a dog that can be used for wildlife management.
Work uniform and safety equipment are provided.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume (2 pages, PDF document) by e-mail to our Human Resources Department (email@example.com). Applicants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. Additionally, we contact only candidates who match the profile we are looking for and who will be retained for interview. In all cases, we may keep your resume on file for approximately six months.
No views yet